Beef Hand Pies
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
These buttery, flaky, beef-filled mini pies are quick and impressive.
- Two 14-ounce packages all-butter puff pastry, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped leftover Korean Beef Stew (beef and vegetables cut into 1/4-inch dice)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400°. On a lightly floured work surface, using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out each sheet of puff pastry to a 13-by-9-inch rectangle. Stamp out six 4-inch rounds from each sheet. Transfer 6 rounds to a parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Roll out the remaining 6 rounds so they are slightly larger, about 4 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Mound 1/4 cup of the filling in the center of each smaller pastry round. Brush the edges with some of the beaten egg and top with the larger pastry rounds; press to seal. Crimp the edges with the tines of a fork (recut with a ring cutter if a clean edge is desired). Brush with the remaining beaten egg and cut a small steam vent in the top of each pie. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the pies are golden and puffed. Serve warm.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.