- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces beef tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 10 ounces sea scallops, patted dry
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup white corn kernels
- 6 scallions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
How to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, combine the stock with the soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, sugar and crushed red pepper.
- Set a nonstick wok over high heat until very hot. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and swirl to coat. Add half the garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the beef and scallops and stir-fry until the meat is no longer pink, 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the wok and swirl to coat. Add the remaining half of the garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the bell pepper, corn and scallions and stir-fry until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir the sauce mixture and add to the wok. Stir-fry until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Return the beef and scallops to the wok, stir to coat, then stir in the basil. Transfer to a platter and serve.