Beef and Radish Rolls with Buttermilk Dunk
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN plus chilling
- SERVINGS: 6
These light and tasty lettuce wraps are terrific with the ranch- dressing-like buttermilk “dunk.”
- 8 ounces radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 1/2 pounds sliced roast beef
- 1/2 cup cilantro sprigs
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, leaves separated
- Put the radishes in a heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt and 1/4 cup of water and simmer until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Pour the warm brine over the radishes, weight them down with a plate and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain the radishes, reserving 2 tablespoons of the brine. Refrigerate the radishes until chilled.
- In a small bowl, whisk the reserved radish brine with the mayonnaise, buttermilk, pepper and celery salt.
- Roll the beef, cilantro and radishes in the lettuce leaves and transfer to a platter. Divide the buttermilk dunk between 6 small bowls and let guests dip the rolls into the mixture.
Vibrant, blueberry-inflected Dolcetto.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.