Bean-Sausage Soup with Sautéed Spring Greens
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
This fast, nourishing soup is chock full of grains, greens, beans and bits of andouille.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 ounces andouille sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- One 15-ounce can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Sautéed Spring Greens with Bacon and Mustard Seeds
- 1 cup cooked rice, bulgur or quinoa
- In a medium pot, heat the 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add the andouille and cook over moderate heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the beans, broth and greens and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, then stir in the grains and cook until heated through. Serve in deep bowls, drizzled with olive oil.
The soup can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.