Bean Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
- SERVINGS: 12
- 3 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the beans, stirring a few times, until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water. Pat dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, whisk the lime juice with the olive oil, lime zest, and salt. Add the beans and toss. Add the red onion and toss again. Serve at once.
An Oregon Pinot Gris like those from Ponzi.