BBQ Pork and Pineapple Stir-Fry
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 2
Sweet pineapple and tangy BBQ Chinese-style pork make for a grown-up version of a sweet and sour stir-fry.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- One 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound store-bought cooked BBQ Chinese-style pork, cut into 1-inch pieces (see note)
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- Add jasmine rice and water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook, covered for 15 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and let it sit, covered, for 5 more minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium high heat. Add the ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook for 30 more seconds. Add the pork and the pineapple and cook until they are hot, about 2 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and chili-garlic sauce.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately with the jasmine rice.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.