- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (3 cups)
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- Kosher salt
- 2 medium tomatoes—cored, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Warm corn tortillas or corn chips, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the diced tomatoes, minced jalapeños, diced onion and a large pinch of salt and cook over moderately high heat, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Pour in the tequila and cook, stirring frequently, until the skillet looks nearly dry, about 2 minutes.
Reduce the heat to low. Add the cheese and cook, stirring constantly, until fully melted, about 30 seconds. Quickly transfer the queso fundido to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve immediately, with tortillas or chips.