- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound chanterelle mushrooms, trimmed, large ones quartered
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1 cup packed small spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons diced plum tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- Steamed rice, for serving
- In a large nonreactive skillet, melt the butter over moderate heat. Add the chanterelles and shallot and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the scallops to the skillet and cook until opaque, about 2 minutes. Add the spinach and stir to wilt. Add the tomato and season again. Sprinkle on the chives and serve with rice
Scallops and chanterelles would harmonize with a round, ripe Chardonnay.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.