Bay Leaf-Scented Spoon Rolls
- SERVINGS: MAKES 2 DOZEN ROLLS
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 envelopes active dry yeast
- 4 cups self-rising cake flour
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter, diced, plus 4 tablespoons melted
- 3 cups sour cream
- 24 bay leaves
- Butter two standard-size 12-cup muffin pans. In a small bowl, mix the water, sugar and yeast and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the cake and all-purpose flours with the salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the cold butter until the mixture resembles small peas. Stir in the yeast mixture with a wooden spoon until blended. Stir in the sour cream until combined.
- Spoon the dough into the prepared muffin pans and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Spike each roll with a bay leaf and bake for 10 minutes. Lightly brush the tops of the rolls with the melted butter and bake for 15 minutes longer, or until golden. Pull out the bay leaves and serve warm.
Site We Like: bakerscatalogue.com
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.