- Eight 6-ounce Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch-thick steak fries
- 1 1/2 quarts vegetable oil, for frying
- Piment d'Espelette or hot paprika
- In a pot, cover the potatoes with cold water. Add a large pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer and cook the potatoes until nearly cooked through, 6 minutes. Drain, pat dry and let cool. Wipe out the pot.
- In the same pot, heat the oil to 375°. Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Working in batches, fry the potatoes until deeply golden, 7 minutes per batch. Drain the potatoes on the paper towels. Toss the fries with salt and Piment d'Espelette; serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.