Basmati Rice Salad with Spinach, Tomatoes and Tarragon
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves (3 ounces)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, cover the rice with the water. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over low heat until the rice is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 18 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Spread the rice on a rimmed baking sheet and let stand until cool, about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice. Add the rice along with the spinach, scallions, tomato and tarragon; toss well to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.