- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 3/4 CUP
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (lightly packed) basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Brush a small skillet with olive oil and heat. Add the pine nuts and toast over moderately high heat, stirring constantly, until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the pine nuts with the garlic and Parmesan until finely chopped. Add the basil and pulse until minced, scraping down the side of the bowl. With the machine on, add the 1/4 cup of olive oil in a thin stream and process until smooth. Add the lemon juice and season with salt.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.