- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a food processor, pulse the basil, parsley, nutritional yeast, pine nuts, garlic and crushed red pepper until a coarse paste forms. With the machine running, slowly stream in the olive oil; season the pesto with salt and black pepper.
The basil pesto can be refrigerated overnight.