- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 3/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 cups basil leaves (1 bunch)
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the pine nuts with the basil, garlic and cheese until finely chopped. While the machine is on, drizzle in the olive oil and puree until smooth. Season with salt.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.