- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 20 large unblemished basil leaves, about 3 inches long
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
How to make this recipe
In a small, dry skillet, toast the pine nuts over low heat, shaking the pan occasionally, until golden and fragrant, about 3 minutes; let cool.
In a small bowl, mix the goat cheese with the heavy cream and season with salt and pepper.
Spread 1 teaspoon of the cheese on each basil leaf. Sprinkle with the pine nuts, pressing them into the cheese. Scatter the chopped tomato on top. Pinch each leaf together near the center to form slightly rounded bowls. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and serve.