Basil Green Beans with Roasted Red Peppers
- SERVINGS: 6
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 1/2 pounds green or wax beans
- 1 cup coarsely chopped basil, plus several leaves for garnish
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced jarred roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pine nuts in a pie plate and bake for about 7 minutes, shaking the plate occasionally to prevent scorching, until the pine nuts are lightly toasted. Let cool.
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the beans until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain in a colander and refresh under cold running water; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the pine nuts with the chopped basil, roasted red peppers and garlic. Add the olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the green beans and toss to mix. Garnish the beans with the basil leaves and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.