- 6 pounds chicken carcasses, backs, legs or wings
- 3 large celery ribs, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 large carrots, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 unpeeled medium onions, quartered
- 3 quarts water
- Combine all of the ingredients in a stockpot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, skimming frequently. Cover partially, leaving only a small opening, and simmer over low heat for 2 1/2 hours.
- Strain the stock into a large bowl, pressing on the solids. Wipe out the stockpot, return the stock to it and boil until reduced to 2 quarts. Let cool slightly and refrigerate. Remove the solidified fat from the stock before using.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.