- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds and stems removed, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1- 6 ounce portion of venison loin, trimmed of all fat and silver skin, cut into thin strips
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup grated jalapeno-jack cheese
- 4 - 6 inch corn tortillas, warmed
- Heat oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add poblano pepper and onion and sauté for 1 minute, leaving onion crunchy. Season venison strips with salt and pepper, add to pan and sauté for 1 minute, to quickly brown the meat. Add barbecue sauce. Remove from heat and stir in cheese, until incorporated into sauce. Spoon mixture into the center of each tortilla and roll into a cylinder. Keep warm.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.