- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large unripe mango (1 1/4 pounds), peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
- Four 7-ounce salmon fillets with skin
- In a large bowl, whisk the lime zest and lime juice with the rice vinegar, brown sugar and soy sauce. Whisk in the 1/4 cup of vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the sliced green mango, cucumber, cilantro, mint and 1 tablespoon of the roasted sesame seeds.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the salmon fillets with vegetable oil and season them with salt and pepper. Grill the salmon skin side down over moderate heat, turning once, until the skin is very crisp and the fish is slightly opaque in the center, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the salmon fillets to plates, sprinkle them with the remaining 1 tablespoon of roasted sesame seeds and serve with the mango salad.
Green mango is tart and tangy and great with zippy summer ales like the one from Geary's brewery in Portland, Maine. A lime-scented dry Riesling would be another great match.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.