- 1 pound ground turkey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sweet-smoky jarred barbecue sauce
- Canola oil, for brushing
- 4 brioche buns, split and toasted
- Pickled jalapeño slices, Swiss cheese slices and pickle chips, for serving
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a bowl, season the turkey with salt and pepper and gently knead in 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce. Shape the meat into four 4-inch patties, about 3/4 inch thick. Brush with oil and grill over moderate heat, turning once, until nearly cooked through, 7 minutes. Brush with the remaining 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce and cook for 1 minute longer, until cooked through and lightly glazed. Transfer the burgers to the buns and top with pickled jalapeños, Swiss cheese and pickle chips and serve.
Juicy, California red blend.