Bananas with Caramel and Honey-Roasted Nuts
- SERVINGS: 8
- 8 just-ripe bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- 1/2 cup roasted nuts, preferably honey-roasted
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large, shallow baking dish, arrange the halved bananas, cut side up.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and butter and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until just melted. Raise the heat to moderately high, add the boiling water and boil for 3 minutes. Pour the sauce over the bananas.
- Bake the bananas for 15 minutes, or until golden and the caramel is bubbling. Serve the bananas warm with the ice cream and pass the nuts at the table.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.