- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste dissolved in 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 semi-ripe medium unpeeled bananas
- 1 small red bell pepper, minced
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Heat the oil in a nonreactive skillet. Add the beef and brown over high heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through. Add the onion, garlic and curry powder and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 4 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a small knife, cut each banana lengthwise just through the top skin. Pull the skin apart slightly and stuff each banana with the curried beef. Arrange the bananas in a roasting pan, cover with foil and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the bananas are tender and heated through. Sprinkle with the red pepper and serve.