- SERVINGS: 8
Plus: More Dessert Recipes and Tips
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla-cookie crumbs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, 5 of them melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 large ripe bananas, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and cinnamon. Stir in the melted butters. Press the crumbs into an 8-inch pie plate and bake for about 6 minutes, until golden. Let cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar with 1/2 cup of water and boil for 1 minute. Off the heat, stir in the chocolate and the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter until melted. Stir in the vanilla and cool.
- On a baking sheet, toast the coconut and almonds for about 5 minutes, or until golden. Scoop the ice cream into the pie shell and drizzle on some of the chocolate sauce. Pool some of the sauce around the ice cream and top with the sliced bananas. Sprinkle with the coconut and almonds and drizzle a bit of the chocolate sauce over all. Chill in the freezer.
- Serve the pie with the remaining sauce on the side. If the crust sticks, set the pie plate for 30 seconds on a towel moistened with very hot water. Leftover pie may be frozen for up to 2 days.