- 1/4 pound yellow banana peppers—stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeded
- 1/2 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan, combine everything except the mustard and salt and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat until the peppers and onion are soft, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree until very smooth. Add the Dijon and puree until just incorporated. Season the mustard with salt. Transfer to a bowl and let cool completely, then refrigerate until well chilled, about 30 minutes.
The mustard can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.