- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 3 CUPS
Use with any kind of beefsteak, pork, Italian sausage, kielbasa, chicken.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound very ripe bananas, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into 1/4 -inch dice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- About 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- Heat the vegetable oil in a nonreactive medium saucepan. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until translucent, about 7 minutes. Add the bananas and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the mango, orange juice, brown sugar, curry powder and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 5 more minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vinegar and 1/3 cup of the lime juice, adding more to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Make Ahead The ketchup can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.