- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 3 large tangerines
- 2 medium navel oranges
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cut into 1/2 -inch dice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons brewed orange pekoe tea
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 9 finger bananas or 6 medium bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Toast the almonds for about 7 minutes, or until golden and fragrant. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
- Using a sharp knife, peel the tangerines and oranges, removing as much of the bitter white pith as possible. Cut between the membranes to release the sections, then cut the sections into thirds; discard any seeds. Transfer to a bowl, add the mango and toss to combine. In a small bowl, stir the honey into the tea until dissolved. Fold the tea mixture into the fruit and refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat the broiler. In a bowl, combine the lime juice and vanilla. Arrange the halved bananas, cut sides up, in a single layer in a nonreactive baking dish. Brush the bananas with the lime mixture and sprinkle with the brown sugar. Broil for about 3 minutes, or until caramelized. Let rest for 1 minute.
- Fold the toasted almonds into the fruit salsa and spoon it into 6 shallow soup bowls. Arrange the bananas on the salsa and spoon any liquid from the baking dish on top. Garnish with mint and serve.
One Serving Calories 266 kcal, Protein 3 gm, Carbohydrate 65 gm, Cholesterol 0, Total Fat 2 gm, Saturated Fat .4 gm.