- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Two 1 1/ 4-pound venison racks, 4 chops each, frenched
How to make this recipe
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, olive oil, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tablespoon of pepper and 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a nonreactive ovenproof skillet, heat the canola oil until shimmering. Set the venison racks bone side up in the skillet. Sear them over high heat, turning once, until browned, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Put the skillet in the oven and roast for about 20 minutes, brushing the racks 3 times with the glaze, until the meat is rare and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the meat reads 125°. Cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining glaze to the skillet and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring to scrape up the browned bits. Cut the venison into chops and serve with the sauce.
One Serving Calories 340 kcal, Protein 46 gm, Carbohydrate 3 gm, Cholesterol 169 mg, Total Fat 14.9 gm, Saturated Fat 3 gm.