- Seeds from 1 medium (10-pound) pumpkin (about 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the seeds and boil for 10 minutes. Drain. Pat the pumpkin seeds dry on paper towels.
In a bowl, toss the pumpkin seeds with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and sugar. Season with salt and generously with pepper, or to taste. Spread the coated seeds evenly on the lined baking pan. Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning the seeds every 10 minutes. Remove the seeds from the oven when they are crispy. Allow to cool to room temperature and serve.