- One 14-ounce package extra-firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (1 to 2 ears)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound green beans, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons plain whole milk yogurt, whisked until smooth
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Steamed white rice, for serving
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 375°. Cut the tofu lengthwise into thirds, then crosswise into 10 strips, so you have 30 pieces. Spread the tofu out on a lightly oiled baking sheet and turn to coat. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until very firm and lightly browned.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the cumin and coriander seeds and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the cumin darkens slightly and is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the ginger and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the red onion and 1 teaspoon of salt and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Stir in the corn, peas, carrots and beans. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are almost tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato, yogurt and tofu. Add the cayenne and season with salt. Cover and cook just until heated through, about 1 minute. Serve the tofu and vegetables with rice.