- 3/4 cup Arborio rice
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large beef steak tomato, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 onion, halved and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 hot Italian sausages (about 2 pounds), pricked with a fork
- 6 basil leaves, torn
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium baking dish, combine the rice with the chicken broth, tomato, onion and bay leaf and season with salt and pepper. Nestle the sausages in and around the rice and vegetables. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for about 20 minutes longer, until the rice is tender and the sausages are lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes. Discard the bay leaf, sprinkle with the basil and oregano and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.