- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 cup medium-grain rice, such as Valencia or arborio
- 2 1/4 cups fish stock or 1 1/4 cups bottled clam juice diluted with 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Melt the butter in an ovenproof saucepan. Add the onion and cook over high heat, stirring, until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the rice and stir until the grains are coated. Add the fish stock, parsley and a large pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Stir the rice, cover and bake for 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir the rice and season with salt.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.