- 1 pound rhubarb, stalks peeled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Crème fraîche or sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter a 1-quart shallow baking dish. If the rhubarb stalks are very wide, cut them lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips. Cut all of the stalks crosswise into 1 1/2-inch lengths. Toss the rhubarb with the sugar and lemon zest and spread in the prepared baking dish. Dot with the butter. Cover and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the rhubarb is tender when pierced but still holds its shape. Serve warm or at room temperature with crème fraîche
Try a refreshing dessert wine, such as a California Moscato.