Baked Press-in Crust
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: One 9-by-13-inch crust
This super-easy crust doesn't even need to be rolled out; just press it into the pan.
Plus: How to Make Pie Crust
- 2 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour sifted with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, cream the butter with the sugars at medium speed for 2 minutes. With the mixer at low speed, beat in the sifted flour-and-salt mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with parchment paper, allowing 2 inches of overhang on the 2 long sides. Transfer the dough to the pan and press it over the bottom and 1 1/4 inches up the side all around. (You can cover the dough with plastic wrap and press with the bottom of a measuring cup.) Be sure the corners are not too thick. Refrigerate until firm.
- Bake the crust for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown; halfway through baking, use the back of a spoon to smooth the sides and corners of the crust. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let the crust cool before filling.