Baked Potatoes with Shallot-Corn Butter
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 4 large Idaho potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 3 ears)
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Using a fork, poke the potatoes all over. Cook the potatoes in a microwave oven at high power for 10 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan of boiling water, cook the corn kernels until barely tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and let cool completely.
- In a food processor, combine the butter, shallots, lime juice and 1 cup of the corn kernels and puree. Scrape the butter into a bowl, fold in the chives and the remaining 1/2 cup of corn kernels and season with salt and pepper. Split the baked potatoes, fill with a dollop of the corn butter and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.