Baked Fusilli with Roasted Vegetables
- SERVINGS: 4-6
To save cooking time: cut the vegetables into small pieces.
- 2 medium red onions, halved and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 4 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/4-inch thick
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/4-inch thick
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 pound fusilli
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup canned chopped tomatoes in puree
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 6 ounces Fontina cheese, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Put a large pot of water on to boil. Toss the onions, carrots, zucchini and bell pepper with the oil and spread on 2 large baking sheets. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring several times, until caramelized and golden brown. Transfer to a bowl, add the garlic and toss well. Reduce the oven temperature to 425°.
- Meanwhile, salt the boiling water, add the fusilli and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Add the pasta to the roasted vegetables along with the cream, tomatoes, parsley, Fontina and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper; stir well. Transfer to a 13-by-9-inch baking pan; top with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until bubbling and golden brown. Let the pasta rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.