- 4 flounder fillets (2 pounds total)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup coarse fresh bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large baking dish, season the fish fillets with salt and pepper. Mix the Parmesan with the bread crumbs, melted butter and olive oil and sprinkle over the fillets. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the fish is cooked and the topping is golden. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Watch this video to learn how to fillet a fish quickly and easily.
Soave, a dry Italian white from the Veneto region, would pair nicely with this dish, but its simplicity means it also goes beautifully with a range of white wines.