- 3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup puffed rice or millet
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF. In a large bowl, stir together the the oats, walnuts, puffed rice, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, oil, and almond. Pour over the dry mixture, and mix well until the oats and seeds are fully coated with the honey mixture.
- Spread a thin layer of the combined mixture on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove the sheet, stir the ingredients, and continue baking until the granola starts to turn golden brown, about 5 to 15 more minutes. When the granola is golden brown, remove the baking sheet and set it on a wire rack to cool. Occasionally stir the granola as it cools, for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until it is hardened.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.