© Christina Holmes
Baked Camembert with Pears
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 6
A splash of pear brandy plus maple syrup and Spanish almonds put a modern spin on baked Brie.
Slideshow: Easy Holiday Hors d’Oeuvres
- One 8-ounce round of ripe Camembert
- 1 tablespoon pear brandy
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chopped marcona almonds
- 2 Bosc pears, cut into thin wedges
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Put the Camembert in a small baking dish. In a bowl, combine the brandy, maple syrup and salt and pour over the cheese. Bake for about 7 minutes, until the cheese is very soft. Spoon any liquid over the cheese and sprinkle with the almonds. Toss the pears with the lemon juice and serve alongside the cheese.
Fruity, minerally sparkling wine: NV Domaine de Vodanis Vouvray Brut.