- 4 small Cortland or Rome apples (6 ounces each), cored
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Sauternes or other late-harvest wine
- 1 small thyme sprig, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- Plain low-fat yogurt, for serving
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. Arrange the apples in an 8-by-10-inch baking dish, leaving space between them. Fill each apple cavity with 2 tablespoons of currants. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the apples and into the dish. Drizzle the Sauternes over and around the apples and add the thyme sprig to the dish.
Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, or until the apples are tender but still holding their shape. Transfer to plates and drizzle with the pan juices. Garnish with the thyme sprigs and serve with yogurt.
One Serving: 228 cal, 0.3 gm fat, 0 gm sat fat, 59 gm carb, 4.6 gm fiber.