- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325º. In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, add the eggs, honey, butter and vanilla and stir until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, almonds, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and orange zest. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and separate into two equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball and place on an oiled baking sheet. Form each ball into a loaf about 1-inch high. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 250º. Allow the loaves to cool for 15 minutes, then slice them into 1/2-inch pieces. Place the slices on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.
Store biscotti at room temperature in an air-tight container for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.