© John Kernick
Baja-Style Rosemary Chicken Skewers
- ACTIVE: 35 MIN
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 8
Chicken thighs are perfect for the grill because they stay nice and moist. Skewering them with rosemary imparts a lovely herbal flavor.
Slideshow: More Chicken Recipes
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 dried chiles de arbol, crumbled (or 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper)
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- 8 sturdy 12-inch rosemary sprigs, leaves on bottom half removed
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, garlic, chiles, minced rosemary, oregano, lemon juice and olive oil; set aside 1/4 cup of the marinade. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the bowl. Mix well, cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Light a grill. Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread the pieces onto the rosemary skewers; discard the marinade. Oil the grate and grill the chicken over moderate heat, turning occasionally and basting with the reserved marinade, until golden and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with lime wedges.
Ripe, full-bodied Chardonnay.