- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Using a mortar and pestle or the flat side of a chef’s knife, smash the garlic, anchovies and a pinch of salt to a smooth paste.
- Transfer paste to a bowl and add the mayonnaise and vinegar and whisk until combined. Gradually add the olive oil in a slow steady stream, whisking constantly. Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
The dressing can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Shake or whisk to re-emulsify.
One Serving: (2 tablespoons) 188 cal, 20.1 gm fat, 3 gm sat fat, .3 gm carb, 0 fiber, 2.9 gm protein. Tips: Serve warm as a dip for spring vegetables including grilled artichokes or raw radishes. • Spread the dressing on a flour tortilla, top with a little mozzarella and broil for an instant white pizza. • Toss just-cooked potatoes and chopped hard-cooked eggs with this dressing for a lighter, more flavorful take on potato salad.