Bagel Chips with Ricotta, Chive Puree and Prosciutto
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 48 canapes
Using bagel chips as the base for an hors d'oeuvre is a quick way to add flavor and crunch. Grace Parisi tops the chips with fresh ricotta, chive puree and prosciutto. As an alternative, she sometimes uses dried apricot halves in place of the chips.
- 12 thin slices prosciutto (about 4 ounces), cut into 3-inch-wide strips
- 48 small plain bagel chips (1 1/2 inches) or dried apricot halves
- 2 tablespoons marcona almonds
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup snipped chives
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a blender or mini food chopper, combine the chives, olive oil, almonds and a pinch of salt and pulse to a coarse puree.
- In a small bowl, lightly season the ricotta with salt and spread about 1 teaspoon onto each bagel chip. Carefully spoon a small dollop of the chive puree on top of each chip and garnish each with a loosely rolled up slice of prosciutto. Transfer the bagel chips to a platter and serve.
Appley, lively Prosecco.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.