- Strips of peel from 1/2 cucumber
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- One 750-ml bottle dry red wine, such as Bordeaux
- 16 ounces chilled club soda
- Ice, preferably 1 large block
- In a small punch bowl, combine the cucumber peel, sugar and nutmeg. Add the wine and stir until the sugar dissolves. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours. Stir in the club soda, then add ice.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.