- 6 scallions, white and light green parts only
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- Kosher salt
- 4 large peaches, halved and pitted
- 16 thin strips of bacon (about 1/2 pound)
- 16 toothpicks, soaked in water for 30 minutes
How to make this recipe
- Light a gas grill. Brush the scallions with vegetable oil and season lightly with kosher salt. Grill them over moderate heat, turning, until they are softened and lightly charred, about 3 minutes total. Let cool and cut into 3/4-inch lengths. Leave the grill on.
- Fill the peach pit cavities with the scallion pieces and season with salt. Wrap two strips of bacon around each peach half and secure the bacon strips with toothpicks.
- Lightly brush the stuffed peaches with vegetable oil and grill them cut side down over moderately high heat until they are lightly charred, 1 to 2 minutes. Carefully flip the peaches and grill them over moderately low heat, turning occasionally, until they just start to soften and the bacon is crisp at the edges, 7 minutes. Transfer to a platter and serve.
The bacon-wrapped peaches can be refrigerated for up to 3 hours before grilling.