Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs with Avocado
- SERVINGS: 6
Crif Dogs • Manhattan
This late-night hot dog spot is locally famous for its franks. This one, which goes by the name The Chihuahua, is wrapped in bacon and topped with sour cream and avocado. It's also available at the adjoining cocktail lounge, PDT.
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 slices of bacon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 hot dog buns, split and warmed
- 1 Hass avocado, cut into 12 slices
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons spicy salsa
- Pat the hot dogs and bacon dry with paper towels. Wrap each hot dog with a slice of bacon in a spiral; secure the bacon at each end with a toothpick.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the hot dogs and cook over moderate heat, turning, until the bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer the hot dogs to paper towels to drain. Discard the toothpicks.
- Tuck the hot dogs in the buns. Top with the sliced avocado, sour cream and salsa and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.