- 6 hot dogs
- 6 slices of bacon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 hot dog buns, split and warmed
- 1 Hass avocado, cut into 12 slices
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons spicy salsa
How to make this recipe
Pat the hot dogs and bacon dry with paper towels. Wrap each hot dog with a slice of bacon in a spiral; secure the bacon at each end with a toothpick.
In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the hot dogs and cook over moderate heat, turning, until the bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer the hot dogs to paper towels to drain. Discard the toothpicks.
Tuck the hot dogs in the buns. Top with the sliced avocado, sour cream and salsa and serve.
Photo © Wendell T. Webber