© Hector Sanchez
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 2 dozen hors d'oeuvres
- 12 slices of bacon, halved crosswise
- Two 4-ounce packages enoki mushrooms, trimmed and split into 24 bundles
- 3 scallions, quartered lengthwise and cut into 3-inch lengths
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the bacon on it 3 inches apart. Set the mushrooms on the bacon slices. Top with the scallions and season with pepper. Roll up into tight cylinders and secure with toothpicks.
- Roast the enoki bundles for 18 minutes, or until the bacon is browned and crisp. Drain the bundles on paper towels, remove the toothpicks and serve.
Make AheadThe bundles can be made through Step 1 and refrigerated overnight.
The mild mushroom and salty bacon here will flatter a creamy but not too oaky Chardonnay. Try a New World one from Napa Valley.