Bacon-Wrapped Cherry Peppers
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
These genius hors d’oeuvres from Colby Garrelts (an F&W Best New Chef 2005) call for just three ingredients. The recipe can be made ahead of time, so it’s great for parties.
- 6 jarred hot cherry peppers— halved through the stem, seeded, drained and patted dry
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 12 thin bacon slices (6 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Stuff each cherry pepper half with a heaping teaspoon of cream cheese and wrap with a slice of bacon; secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange the stuffed peppers in a large ovenproof skillet and cook over moderate heat, turning, until the bacon is browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for about 5 minutes, until the bacon is crisp and the cream cheese is hot. Serve the stuffed cherry peppers warm.
Mixologist Leo Robitschek's Black Dahlia cocktail.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.