- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: About 18 three-inch pancakes
Fluffy and not too sweet, these spiced pancakes are a delicious vehicle for good-quality maple syrup.
- 1 1/2 cups Silvana’s Kitchen Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for the griddle
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Warm pure maple syrup, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the milk with the pumpkin puree, 4 tablespoons of melted butter, the eggs and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, just until combined. Fold in the pecans and bacon.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle and brush lightly with butter. Scoop 1/4-cup mounds of batter onto the skillet and spread to 3-inch rounds. Cook over moderate heat until the pancakes are golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip each pancake and cook until fluffy and cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. Serve right away, with maple syrup.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.