© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
It doesn’t get much better than this combination: crispy, salty bacon and slightly smoky guacamole.
Slideshow: More Great Guacamole Recipes
- 3 large ripe Hass avocados, halved, pitted, and scooped out
- 3 strips bacon, cooked crisp and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 medium red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- In a bowl, mash the avocado with a fork until it is nearly at your desired consistency. Stir in the bacon, red onion, lime juice, paprika, chipotle, salt, and pepper.
- Gently fold in the tomatoes. Serve immediately or else press a piece of plastic wrap flush into the top of the guacamole, refrigerate, and serve preferably within 24 hours.